kanivari the journal

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

english

I'm at my new post currently,
Yess... I know, sort of quick, jumping from one place to another...

In the current post, in a bank, which is a subsidiary of bigger bank in most southern continent
I was posted in a dept which is multicultural, I get to work hand in hand with foreigner as team mate
After days... I found out, that all local staff happened to be mastery overseas graduated,
I'm feeling little...

But then, they all thought I am overseas graduated as well.... assuming from my fluency in English, and my bright brain *huahahahaha show off*

here's the conv.
A : lo dulu kuliah dimana? inggris lo bagus
Me : ha? gwe kuliah di UI kok
A : S1-nya?
Me : ha? ya itu S1, gwe blom S2, makanya aga minder ini sama kalian, barang lokal nih, S1 pulak
A : ooo trus bahasa inggrisnya dapet darimana?
Me : (at first, I really thought of taking all the credits to my self, but I ended up saying)
ohhhh, ya les gitu, gwe masih les kok sekarang ... bla bla cerita tempat les
(yess, I share the credits to wall street)

After she left, I really thought...
Do most people underestimate the english fluency of local graduated??
I do know some friend's english which is really killing without even having to take any advance english course or spending sometime overseas
We do have dvd player, internet access and mp3 player!!!
We don't need to spend a fortune just to make our tongue and ear used to that global language

5 Comments:

  • Nice post :)

    By Blogger Zidni, at 8:45 AM  

  • yoih

    game, film, music...

    *cough*gpl licensed of course*cough*

    'g' is not gnu though xD

    RIPKAH NGEBLOG LAGI DUNIA MAU HANCUR wakakaka xD

    By Blogger ZaQ, at 11:31 AM  

  • Nice rant ;) way to go..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 PM  

  • @zaq:
    buset jak, gwe baca yang penulis jurassic park meninggal itu
    lo uda baca novel inggris dari 13 taonnnn!!!
    *menjadi kerdil*

    By Blogger kanivari, at 8:07 PM  

  • How to learn English an efZaQIf way:

    1. play lots of english GAMEs
    2. read GAME walktroughs
    3. mimic/imitate/speak like your characters in your games


    and THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE:

    4. BRING YOUR ENGLISH NOVELS WHEN YOU "ITU" but don't forget to lock your door :p


    *sori jak*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home